Timeline for the Scholarship Application and Award Process
The Laguna Beach High School Scholarship Foundation (LBHSSF) application process begins in January and concludes with scholarship awards being announced at Honors Convocation in June. Scholarships are available for both two-year and four-year colleges, as well as accredited trade and technical schools.
- The LBHSSF online application is open at www.lbhssf.org.
- Attend the LBHSSF informational presentation. Jan. 7, 2021. Mrs. Shipp in the Career Center will share the join code with students via Parent Square.
- Complete and submit scholarship applications, by Thursday, February 25, 2021, 11:59 pm.
- Complete the Signature and Authorization Agreement (parent/guardian signature required) by Thursday, February 25, 2021, 11:59 pm.
- If you received any disciplinary or ethics policy violations during high school (see page 33 of the LBHS Student Handbook), begin preparing a written explanation of the violations and the lessons learned. Written explanations must be submitted to the Scholarship Coordinator no later than Thursday, February 25, 2021, 3:00 pm.
- Review scholarship descriptions and begin applying for individual scholarships.
- Begin preparing any supplemental information required by scholarships
- Mentoring is available to seniors requesting assistance with the scholarship process.
- Begin gathering data to prepare your FAFSA. FAFSA must be completed to apply for financial need LBHSSF scholarships. A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) which includes Expected Family Contribution (EFC) must be submitted to the Scholarship Coordinator not later than Thursday, February 25, 2021, 3:00 pm.
- If applying for Festival of Arts Scholarship scholarships in Film, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and/or Writing, attend FOA Workshop in the LBHS Library during SDL. N/A 2021
- Request and obtain Letters of Recommendation, if required by scholarships. Refer to individual scholarship descriptions for specific reference instructions. Letters of Recommendation must be received to your scholarship account not later than Thursday, February 25, 2021, 11:59 pm.
- Complete and electronically upload Supplemental Applications and all additional materials (essays, resume, donor application, copies of artwork, etc.) required by individual scholarships to your scholarship account on or before Thursday, February 25, 2021, 11:59 pm.
- Interview with a member of the LBHS Faculty Scholarship Committee as scheduled by the Scholarship Coordinator. (revised due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Applicants may be required to have an interview with donors. Scholarship Coordinator will schedule and notify applicants of required donor interviews. (revised due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- One week prior to convocation all applicants are notified, via email, if they have or have not been awarded a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients invite their families to view the Honors Convocation on lbhssf.org. Friday, May 21, 2021 6:30 pm.
- Award packets will be sent to the recipients’ home address. May 22
- Scholarship recipients are invited to attend the virtual awards workshop with Mrs. Shipp Wednesday, June 9 2021, 11:30 am.
- Scholarship recipients write and send thank you notes to each scholarship donor to fulfill the agreed to LBHSSF requirements. Upload a copy of your thank you note to your scholarship account by Thursday, July 15, 2021, 11:59 pm. If this requirement is not met, your scholarship will be forfeited.
- Scholarship recipients upload a proof of enrollment to their scholarship account by Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 11:59 pm.
- Scholarship awards will not be paid until thank you notes and proof of enrollment are uploaded to the recipient’s scholarship account, no exceptions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding your award or need assistance with your scholarship account.
- Scholarship funds will be sent to your school after you upload your proof of enrollment to your scholarship account. If you would like to defer payment of your award, you may request a one-year extension. Your extension request must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com and received by LBHSSF not later than December 1, 2021, 11:59 pm, or your scholarship will be forfeited, no exceptions.