How to Claim Your Award
Your LBHSSF scholarship account: apply-lbhssf.smapply.io
LBHSSF Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LBHSSF address: LBHSSF P.O. Box 1569 Laguna Beach CA 92652
Correspondence and reminders will be sent to the email address associated with your scholarship application account.
To claim your scholarship award: Class of 2021
- View Honors Convocation on May 21, 2021 @ 6:30 PM. Link to the presentation will be posted on our home page. Emails will be sent to each award recipient after the Convocation. Award packets will be sent to the recipient’s home address on May 22. Contact us at email@example.com if your packet has not arrived by Tuesday, May 25. Important: The award packet will include the address of the donor(s) so that you can send your thank you letter through U.S. Mail.
- Attend the workshop “How to Claim your Scholarship” online meeting with Mrs. Shipp on Wednesday, June 9 at 11:30 AM. (Information will be sent to your email address)
- Send a thank you letter(s) to the scholarship donor(s) in the mail, upload a copy of the thank you letter to your LBHSSF account, and provide the name of your college by July 15, 2021. Your letter should express a little about your future educational plans as well as share what this scholarship means to you.
- Optional: Post a picture with #LBHSSF. Send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org Include a photo in your thank you letter to your donor. Since your scholarship donor was not able to meet you at Honors Convocation, a photo along with your thank you letter will be most appreciated.
- Upload a copy of your full time Fall 2021 class schedule to your LBHSSF account by December 1, 2021.
- Provide the name of the college you are attending, the financial aid office address where funds are to be sent, your college student identification number, your current email address, and your current cell phone number.
- Upon receipt of the above information, scholarship award checks will be made payable to and sent directly to the college. Scholarship Awards are to be used exclusively for expenses necessary for attending an accredited secondary educational institution.
- Scholarship recipients must claim their awards or submit a written request for a one-year extension of eligibility by December 1, 2021.
- As a rule, scholarships will not be distributed to less than full-time students (12 units), however, a waiver may be requested.
Awards unclaimed by Dec. 1, 2021 will be forfeited, no exceptions.
** If your scholarship award is funded directly by the donor, you received either a check or instructions on how to collect the scholarship award in your award packet. Follow the instructions provided to collect your award. Additionally, you are required to follow step 3 outlined above. LBHSSF is not able to approve extensions, waivers, or renewals for scholarships funded directly by the donor. See list below.
To request an extension:
- Students are eligible for a one-year extension of their scholarship.
- Extension requests must be in writing (letter or email) and be received by Dec. 1, 2021. Explain why you are asking for an extension—gap year, managing funds, part-time status, etc. and submit to email@example.com
- If you are attending community college/junior college and want to extend your scholarship(s) for two years, contact the foundation with your request by Dec. 1, 2021. Submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a waiver:
- Students carrying less than 12 units, with special circumstances, may request a waiver either by mail or email by Dec. 1, 2021. Submit your request to email@example.com
- Waiver requests will be reviewed by LBHSSF and authorized or declined.
Renewable Scholarship funded by LBHSSF:
- Patsy Ann Weaver Scholarship
**Scholarships funded directly by donors:
Checks provided directly to the recipients:
- American Legion Post 222 Citizenship Award
- Boys and Girls Club Bluebird Branch and Canyon Branch
- Christian Service Award
- Friends of Laguna Library
- LBHS Band Boosters
- Ben Blount Memorial Award, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 5868
- No Square
- Rotary Student of the Month
Award instructions given at Convocation:
- Soroptimist International of Laguna Beach