How to Claim Your Award
Your LBHSSF scholarship account: lbhssf.fluidreview.com
LBHSSF Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LBHSSF address: LBHSSF P.O. Box 1569 Laguna Beach CA 92652
To claim your scholarship award:
- Attend Convocation on June 7, 2019. Wear your cap and gown.
- Attend workshop on “How to Claim your Scholarship” in the LBHS Library on Monday, June 17th at 11:30 prior to the Senior Pool Party.
- Send a thank you letter(s) to the scholarship donor(s) in the mail, upload a copy of the thank you letter to your LBHSSF account and provide the name of your college by July 15, 2019. Your letter should express a little about your future educational plans as well as share what this scholarship means to you.
- Upload a copy of your full time Fall 2019 class schedule to your LBHSSF account by December 1, 2019. (jpeg or pdf)
- Provide name of college attending, the financial aid office address where funds are to be sent, your college student identification number, your current email address, and your current cell phone number.
- Upon receipt of the above information, scholarship award checks will be made payable to and sent directly to the college. Scholarship Awards are to be used exclusively for expenses necessary for attending an accredited secondary educational institution.
- Scholarship recipients must claim their awards or submit a written request for a one-time, one-year extension of eligibility by December 1, 2019.
- As a rule, scholarships will not be distributed to less than full-time students (12 units), however a waiver may be requested.
Awards unclaimed by Dec. 1, 2019 will be forfeited, no exceptions.
** If your scholarship award is funded directly by the donor, you received either a check or instructions on how to collect the scholarship award at Convocation. Follow the instructions provided to collect your award. Additionally, you are required to follow the steps 1-3 outlined above. LBHSSF is not able to approve extensions, waivers or renewals for scholarships funded directly by the donor. See list below.
To request an extension:
- Students are eligible for a one-year extension of their scholarship.
- Extension requests must be in writing (letter or email) and be received by Dec. 1, 2019. Explain why you are asking for an extension—gap year, managing funds, part-time status, etc. and submit to email@example.com
To request a waiver:
- Students carrying less than 12 units, with special circumstances, may request a waiver either by mail or email by Dec. 1, 2019. Submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waiver requests will be reviewed by LBHSSF and authorized or declined.
Renewable Scholarship funded by LBHSSF:
- Barbara Flemming Williams Scholarship
- Kea Simon Medical Scholarship
- Patsy Ann Weaver Scholarship
**Scholarships funded directly by donors:
Checks given at Convocation:
- American Legion Post 222 Citizenship Award
- Boys and Girls Club Bluebird Branch and Canyon Branch
- Christian Service Award
- Friends of Laguna Library
- LBHS Band Boosters
- Ben Blount Memorial Award, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 5868
- No Square
- Rotary Student of the Month
Award instructions given at Convocation:
- Festival of Arts—Film, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Writing
- National Charity League, Laguna Chapter Scholarship
- Soroptimist International of Laguna Beach