Common & Supplemental Scholarship Application Instructions
There are more than 130 scholarships available to Laguna Beach High School seniors. For a quick view of all available scholarships by category, link to the 2015 ‘Go For It’ Booklet.
The LBHSSF scholarship application process requires the following steps:
Note: All deadlines are final. No exceptions will be considered.
- Submit a signed copy of the LBHSSF Signature Page
Deadline – January 30, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
Signature Page and LBHSSF Policies / Procedures
- You and your parents are required to print the LBHSSF Signature and Policies / Procedures Pages, read the policies and procedures and sign that you have read them on the signature page.
- Submit the signature page to the Scholarship Coordinator no later than Friday, January 30, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
- Please mark your calendar for June 5, 2015 at 7 p.m., to attend Honors Convocation in the Artists Theatre, where scholarship recipients will be announced. If you are not selected to receive any scholarships you will be notified by LBHSSF by US Mail a week prior to Honors Convocation.
- If you are unable to attend Honors Convocation you must discuss your absence with the Scholarship Coordinator before Convocation or you will not be eligible to receive any scholarships.
- Link to 2015 Signature and LBHSSF Policies/Procedures.
- Complete the on-line LBHSSF Common Application
Deadline – Friday, January 30, 2015 by midnight
LBHSSF Common Application
- Complete and submit the LBHSSF Common Application. If you do not have information for a particular section (i.e. work experience, athletics, etc.) mark that section with N/A (not applicable) so it is obvious that section was not missed. You do not need to complete the application at one sitting; you may save your work and re-enter the application using the password you will be given.
- Use your Legal Name, with first letter capitalized.
- The LBHSSF Common Application must be submitted no later than Friday, January 30, 2015 by midnight.
- Link to LBHSSF Common Application. – Closed
- Review the Supplemental Application Check List and Category List documents and select the scholarship for which you are applying
Supplemental Scholarship Application Check List and Category List
- Print out the Supplemental Application Check List. Use this list as a worksheet for selecting scholarships.
- The Check List will indicate if a scholarship is:
- Financial Need Required (FNR)
- Financial Need Considered (FNC)
- No Financial Need Required (NFN)
- Link to Check List.
- The Supplemental Scholarship Application Category List shows all scholarships available by category.
- The Category List includes descriptions of “Target Recipient”.
- Almost all Scholarships are available to students planning on attending Community College or technical schools. There are only a few restricted to students attending 4-year colleges.
- Link to Category List.
- Review the Supplemental Scholarships Requirements and Instructions document and complete an on-line Supplemental Scholarship Application Form for each selected scholarship requiring one.
Deadline – Monday, March 9, 2015 by midnight
Supplemental Scholarships Requirements and Instructions Document and Supplemental Scholarship Application Form
- You must have completed and submitted your LBHSSF Common Application before starting this step.
- Review the requirements shown in the Supplemental Scholarships Requirements and Instructions document for each selected scholarship requiring one.
- Link to Supplemental Scholarships Requirements and Instructions.
- If an essay is required, you can paste text into the Application form from other word processing documents. Or you may type your essays directly into the form.
- If a resume is required follow the instructions in step 5 to submit your resume.
- The first time you go to the Supplemental Scholarship Application form you will be asked to register. Remember your Username and Password. If you are applying for multiple scholarships you will need to submit a form for each one. Use your Username and Password from your first Supplemental Application form for all supplemental submissions.
- You do not need to complete the application at one sitting; you may save your work and re-enter the form using the password you will be given.
- Link to Supplemental Scholarship Application Form.
- Submit any additional information required for your scholarships (i.e. photo, transcript, letter of recommendation) online.
Deadline – All requests must be made by Wednesday, February 25, 2015 by 4:00 p.m. and all submissions by Monday, March 9, 2015 by midnight
Additional Information Instructions for Specific Scholarships Requiring these Items
a. Request Forms:
- Transcripts: Some scholarships may request a Transcript. A copy of your transcript may be obtained by submitting a Transcript Request Form. This Request Form will be sent to the LBHS Scholarship Coordinator who will produce a copy of your transcript and email it directly to you. See below for Submissions. The deadline for the Transcript Request Form is Wednesday, February 25, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
- References: If a specific scholarship requires a reference, the instructions on how references are to be requested are included in the Supplemental Scholarship Requirements. All References must be submitted by Wednesday, February 25, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
b. Submission Forms:
Deadline for Submissions of photos, resumes and transcripts is the same as the Supplemental Scholarship, Monday, March 9, 2015.
Note: If your scholarship does not require one of these items, the scholarship name will not appear in the drop down list on the specific submission form.
All submissions must be in .pdf format.
- Transcript: If a specific scholarship requires a Transcript, link to the Transcript Submission Form, fill in your full name, email address, select a scholarship, attach your transcript (named: exact scholarship name, last name, first name,TN.pdf), and submit.
For example: AAUW, Laguna Beach Branch Scholarship,Smith,John,TN.pdf
- Resume: If a specific scholarship requires a Resume, link to the Resume Submission Form, fill in your full name, email address, select a scholarship, attach the resume as a .pdf (named: exact scholarship name, last name, first name,RS.pdf), and submit. The Resume should be in .pdf format with the Scholarship Name on the top, left side of the first page. If your resume is more than one page, the subsequent pages should have the Scholarship Name and Student Name on the top left side.
For example: Arthur B. Harward Memorial Scholarship,Smith,John,RS.pdf
- Photo: If a specific scholarship requires a Photo, link to the Photo Submission Form, fill in your full name, email address, select a scholarship, attach the photo as a .pdf (named: exact scholarship name, last name, first name,TP.pdf), and submit.
For example: Friends of Laguna Library Scholarship,Smith,John,TP.pdf
- Submit documentation of financial need for any Financial Need Scholarships
Deadline – Monday, March 9, 2015 by midnight
Financial Need Requirements
- If you are planning to apply for a Financial Need Scholarship, it will be necessary for you to apply through the official FAFSA online website (January 1- March 2). Bring your SAR (Student Aid Report) which includes your EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) number to the Scholarship Coordination by Monday, March 9, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
- If you are not eligible to apply to FAFSA consult with your counselor. You may be eligible to apply to the California Dream Act which will give you an estimate of your family’s ability to pay for college. Submit this information to the Scholarship Coordinator by Monday, March 9, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.